About / Approach
The BCS approach was developed by BCS founder, Dr. Rani Parker, to assist large businesses and communities to engage with each other in mutually reinforcing ways that generate net benefits to both. Central to the BCS approach is the Community-Company Assessment (CCA) which identifies opportunities for building or strengthening company-community relationships.
BCS investigates company and community cultures using the inductive CCA methodology that draws on different types of knowledge and experience. BCS incorporates the economic and social effects of globalization, such as the use of electronic communications and diasporic links by appraising local/global interactions that inform interdependencies within and among communities and companies.
The CCA produces a set of options for our clients and various points of intervention to build or strengthen company-community relationships. In conflict settings, the CCA is particularly helpful for identifying opportunities for peaceful engagement.
Engagement is central to the CCA. BCS works closely with its clients to construct a core team including representatives from the company, local government, localities and BCS. Each CCA is specifically designed to meet contextual considerations, and in each instance the strength of the analysis rests on the degree of inclusion. Thus, during a CCA, children, women and other marginalized groups are consulted as well as local leaders and opinion shapers. BCS also helps implement actions and assess progress so that clients are fully guided to be demonstrably profitable and responsible both for themselves and for society.
The BCS Approach Can Help Your Company
- Add a competitive edge by understanding the context and community.
- Build brand value and foster customer loyalty.
- Improve your reputation locally among stakeholders and internationally.
- Reduce opportunity costs and operating costs to manage risk more efficiently.
- Attract and retain a quality workforce, increase morale and commitment.
- Ensure long-term sustainability for you and for the communities where you work.